Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Great experience!

Hola! My name is Rebecca Novick and I am an intern at Coprodeli USA. I am currently pursuing a Master's degree in Ethics, Peace and Global Affairs at American University.

Living in Central America on and off has exposed me to the challenges developing countries face and helped open my eyes to the need that exists. At Coprodeli I have been able to utilize my firsthand knowledge of developing Latin American countries and apply it to the grant writing I do here. I have learned a lot about the process of grant writing as well as the dire condition of the poor and marginalized in Peru. The urban marginalized face unique challenges in terms of breaking the cycle of poverty and Coprodeli does a great job at addressing them. Through writing grants and reviewing organization materials I have learned about the innovative strategies Coprodeli employs in its fight to end poverty. I have also been able to learn more about specific international development issues aligned with my personal interests, such as economic and microbusiness development.

Working with such dedicated staff and interns has been a fantastic experience and I am grateful for the opportunity to meet such passionate people. This internship has helped me learn a lot about international development, poverty issues and non-profit work and will definitely contribute both to my academic and professional future.

-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment