Friday, December 3, 2010

My experience at COPRODELI


My name is Milagros, and I am a graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the Universidad San Antonio Abad del Cusco - Peru. I have completed a three month internship as a Translator with COPRODELI USA at their VA/DC office.

While growing up in Cusco, Peru, I gained a unique view of the issues that Peru faces. However, I also gained an education which focused on economics and business. Now, as a settled resident in America, I have furthered my education by taking courses that have focused on English as a second language. Moreover, Coprodeli gave me the opportunity to bring my skills and knowledge together translating different assignments (Spanish to English or English to Spanish) for Coprodeli’s projects. The aspect of my internship that really helped shape my experience was the great staff. They were incredibly receptive to any questions and concerns that I raised, and gave me the opportunity to voice my opinions in an open environment. I couldn’t have asked for more welcoming and passionate co-workers and fellow interns. The smaller working environment provided a great opportunity to learn from one another, collaborate and share in our experiences.
I am incredibly pleased with my internship experience. My internship provided me the opportunity to learn more about the development work that Coprodeli does in Peru, help my fellow paisanos (countrymen), and improve my English.

Milagros Fusari



No comments:

Post a Comment